In line with Government guidance and industry advice, we are preparing our campsite for re-opening on Saturday July 4th. To help ensure the safety and well-being of all our customers, and us as a family, we will have the following measures in place on our small and friendly site. These are:
1. We will be reducing the number of pitches that can be used on site. We will have no more than 10 pitches in use at any one time and will limit the number of people on site to 40 as a maximum.
2. Closing pitches will ensure that there is significant space between pitches, in order for campers to maintain social distancing.
3. We expect that all guests will maintain the etiquette of social distancing guidelines throughout their stay with us, in order to keep everyone safe.
4. Our shower block, toilets and shared facilities will remain open but limiting the number of guests also allows us to manage the safety of these areas more effectively, including the number of people in them at any one time.
5. We expect all children (under the age of 11) to be supervised by an adult when using the toilet and shower facilities, to help ensure good hygiene.
6. Hand sanitiser stations will be provided at the entrance to the shower and toilet block and communal fridge freezer and at the refuse area. Hand sanitiser will also be provided inside each of the toilet cubicles for campers use.
7. Anti-bacterial soap will be provided in the shower and toilet block and disposable, recycled paper towels will be provided for campers to dry hands.
8. Environmentally friendly, anti-bacterial spray will be provided for campers to use (before and/or after) on toilets, showers and sinks, to help remove any potential germs. A spray will also be provided by the fridge freezer, so that campers can wipe items placed in the fridge or freezer, and also wipe the fridge door.
9. Our honesty shop, ‘The Provisions Place’, will be closed. However, we will operate an ordering system, to provide limited stock – breakfast and barbecue packs. Please find more information about this is the ‘Provisions Place’ section of the website.
10. We will be removing all shared materials that we have previously offered. This includes the outdoor games equipment, books and information leaflets.
Finally, we are a quiet rural area and, unsurprisingly, there is some apprehension about an influx of tourists. We have communicated our plans for re-opening within our village, and residents are supportive of our plans. We hope that all visitors will respect and protect our local community, in return, you can be sure to receive a friendly Suffolk welcome!
We look forward to seeing you, when you come to stay with us. If you have any other questions about our plans for re-opening, please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or phone.We have written these to help us provide the best holiday experience for all our visitors. We hope they help make everything clear before you come to stay. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Please note that by making a booking at Green Haven Camping you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions, and to our original ones below.
1. A deposit of 50% of the total cost of the booking is required to secure your pitch. The deposit (or the full amount) should be paid within 7 days of making the booking and / or receiving bank transfer details. The balance (if not already paid) will be payable on arrival.
2. If you need to cancel your booking, the deposit may be refundable if we can rebook the pitch. It is important to advise us of your cancellation as early as possible. If we are unable to rebook your pitch, and you have notified us more than 7 days before the start of your stay, we will offer a credit note, valid for 12 months. We apologise but we are unable to refund any cancellations made 7 days, or less, before the start date of your stay.
3. Pitches may be filled after 2pm, please check the blackboard on arrival – this will give you relevant instructions and advise you which pitch you have been allocated. We will come and say ‘hello’ as soon as we can.
4. Please note that arrivals should be before 7pm or dusk, whichever is the earliest. Please advise us as soon as possible if you are unavoidably delayed.
5. Pitches should be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. If you wish to depart later, we are sometimes able to accommodate this, please ask on arrival.
6. Up to two quiet, well behaved, dogs can stay per pitch but please let us know when you book. They must be kept on a lead around the site and any fouling must be cleared up immediately. There are a number of 'dog waste' bins in the village. Anyone failing to clean up after their dog will be asked to leave, with no refund given. Dogs must be kept under control at all times.
7. Please respect your fellow campers’ peace and privacy and ensure that they are not inconvenienced by your noise, or that of any members of your group (including dogs).
8. To preserve the peaceful nature of the site we operate a quiet time between 9pm and 8am. Please consider guests who have young children sleeping and adults without children (who hope for a bit of a lie in)! Persistently noisy guests will be asked to leave. No refunds will be given.
9. Children aged 12 and under must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times, including when using the shower and toilet facilities.
10. Other than siting and removing your caravan / trailer tent, no cars are allowed on the site and should be parked in the parking area provided. A garden wagon is available for you to load up with your tents and other belongings. If you require any assistance with this, please let us know before you arrive, we are happy to help.
11. When entering the site and car parking area please observe the site speed limit of 5mph.
12. Please be aware that a track must be crossed to get to the reception and shower and toilet block. Cars and other vehicles do use it because it leads to a working livery yard. With this in mind, please take care when crossing the track and ensure young children are supervised.
13. Please be aware that there is open water on site (drainage ditches). Children should be supervised at all times, especially when in the car parking area (close to a drainage ditch).
14. Organic / formaldehyde free toilet fluid must be used whilst on site and when emptying into the chemical waste point.
15. Our site is very small and there is lots of planting to make it a good habitat for wildlife and people. It is not suitable for large ball games / lively games and there is no play area. There are lots of walks from the site, there is a small park up the road and there are plenty of places to explore, and wildlife to discover, on the doorstep.
16. Please respect the wildlife and wild places. Explore and investigate but leave unharmed and undisturbed.
17. Green Haven Holidays accepts no responsibility for personal injury to guests, or loss of, or damage to, their property whilst on site.
Thank you very much. Your support with these terms and conditions is appreciated.